Development plan of education and training
Planning the development of education and training in Thua Thien Hue Province during the period from 2015 to 2020 and the vision to 2030
The provincial People 's Committee issued Decision No. 1235 / QD-Committee dated June, 29th 2015 on approving the development plan of Education and Training of Thua Thien Hue province during the period from 2015 to 2020 and the vision to the year 2030 with the following major contents:
a) The development of Education and Training is a top national policy. Planning Education and Training has been based on inheriting the achievements in education and training in recent years and fitted for the socio-economic development of Thua Thien Hue province by 2020.
b) The policy of radical and comphensive innovation on education and training must be fully grasped. The development of Education and Training is in the direction of modernization, international integration, interconnection in the education system from p-school, general education, vocational education to universities in order to create lifelong learning opportunities for every citizen.
c) The education and training is considered an important service sector in the structure of the economy and the contribution to increasing GDP of the province.
d) The State plays a key role in the provision of basic education services, investment priorities from the State budget for education system at basic level, the establishments of high-quality education, the regions with economic difficulties, the areas of ethnic minorities.
đ) The socialization of education, diversification of investment and implementation of effective integration of capitals are promoted in the whole province.
2. Objectives of the plan:
a) Overall objectives:
We have to build Thua Thien Hue into one of the centers of multidisciplinary and multi-sector, high quality in education and training of the region and the country. We gradually build and develop Hue University into a research university. In order to implement the objectives of innovation and develop education and training, we must form systems of reasonable networks and structures, full of conditions about talents, and material resources. Improving the quality of the comphensive education and training is associated with the requirements of social economic development in the province, the region and the country. The development of the education and training is fully promoted to meet the people’s learning needs and to train human resources serving the national industrialization and modernization.
b ) Specific objectives:
- pschool education
Rearranging pschool’s network towards standardization, concentration; Increasing class and school size; Minimizing the fragmentation of campuses and obsolete infrastructure; Focusing on creating conditions to develop the forms of private pschools. Increasing the investment in infrastructure and classrooms to increase the capacity mobilizing the children at the school age, especially children up to 5 years old; Ensuring the building of communes suitable for children and ensuring the education universalization at 5-year-old children in a sustainable manner with high quality; Paying special attention to caring and upbringing ethnic minorities’ children, children from remote areas and lagoons.
- General education
Adjusting, supplementing and rearranging the network of schools suitable for the development of each region or area in the direction of standardization and modernization; Cutting some small campuses; Creating favorable conditions to attract young people at the school age to study, practise and improve the quality of teaching and learning; By 2020, 80% of young people gain high-school-education qualifications or equivalents; pparing good conditions for the implementation of 9-year compulsory education goals after 2020.
- Vocational education
Forming the network system of the reasonable vocational education units in size and in structure to improve their quality and level in training aims at being able to train qualified and skillful human resources consistent with socio-economic development orientations in the province and the region.
Basically and strongly innovating about vocational education to create the developing incentives towards the standardization and modernization consistent with employers' requirements and international integration, and to tie vocational training to solving job problems.
Reasonably orienting and ramifying the education in the aim of attracting people who want to be vocationally trained and ensuring to train human resources meeting society’s demands, especially the workforce in rural areas.
- Tertiary education
Continuing to develop the network of universities to soon form the heart of Education and Training with interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, high quality, qualification in suitable career and fields to meet training needs of human resources for the province and the central region and the Central Highlands. Building Hue university gradually into research universities which meet the national and regional quality standards. Turning Hue university into the center of international collaboration and exchange.
3. The targets, key tasks:
a) pschool education:
- By 2020:
There are 218 pschools in the whole province, including 22 private pschools. The national standard pschools account for at least 40%.
Kindergarten enrollment rate reaches 30-35%. In particular, the proportion of children attending non-public kindergartens accounts for at least 20%.
The percentage of children attending pschools reaches 95%. In particular, the percentage of children attending non-public pschools accounts for at least 15%.
- By 2030:
There are 230 kindergartens in the whole province, including 30 private kindergartens. The national standard schools account for 90%
Kindergarten enrollment rate reaches 70%. In particular, the proportion of children attending non-public kindergartens accounts for at least 25%.
The percentage of children attending pschools reaches 100%. In particular, the percentage of children attending non-public pschools accounts for at least 20%.
b) General education:
- By 2020:
There are 220 primary schools in the whole province, including 02 private primary schools. The national standard primary schools account for at least 70%.
The rate of students attending primary schools at the right age and studying 2 sessions a day reaches 100%. In particular, the proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 1%.
- By 2030:
There are 234 primary schools in the whole province, including 03 private primary schools.
The national standard schools account for 95%.
The proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 3%.
Lower secondary education:
- By 2020:
There are 131 junior high schools in the whole province, including 01 private junior high school. The national standard junior high schools account for at least 60%.
The rate of students mobilized to attend classes reaches 95%. In particular, the proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 1%.
The percentage of students studying 2 sessions a day is over 35%.
- By 2030:
There are 142 junior high schools in the whole province, including 03 private junior high schools. The national standard junior high schools account for 80%.
The rate of students mobilized to attend classes reaches 100%. In particular, the proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 5%.
The percentage of students studying 2 sessions a day is over 50%.
Upper secondary education:
- By 2020:
There are 42 senior high schools in the whole province, including 03 private senior high schools. The national standard senior high schools account for at least 50%.
The rate of students mobilized to attend classes reaches 70%. In particular, the proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 3%.
- By 2030:
There are 44 senior high schools in the whole province, including 04 private senior high schools. The national standard senior high schools account for at least 95%.
The rate of students mobilized to attend classes reaches 80%. In particular, the proportion of non-public students accounts for at least 10%.
The boarding schools for ethnic minorities:
Continuing to invest in upgrading 3 boarding schools (The Provincial Ethnic Boarding Senior High School, The Ethnic Boarding Junior High School of Nam Dong, The Ethnic Boarding Junior High School of A Luoi) to be recognized as the national standard schools in 2016.
c) Vocational education:
- The network of vocational schools and colleges will develop to conform to the Occupational Education Law No.74/2014/QH13. There are 36 vocational training institutions by 2020. In particular, the percentage of non-public vocational training institutions accounts for 10%.There are 37 vocational training institutions by 2030. In particular, the percentage of non-public vocational training institutions accounts for 15%. For vocational schools and colleges, besides upgrading and developing some vocational schools into vocational colleges and maintaining the number of existing schools, a number of vocational schools will be established in Chan May - Lang Co and new industrial zones of the province.
- By 2020, about 58,000 workers will be enrolled for vocational training. In particular, the proportion of workers with college degree will reach 21%; the percentage of workers with vocational certificates will be 19%; those with primary level or trained for less than 3 months will be 60%. By 2030, about 90,000 workers will be enrolled for training. In particular, the average annual rate of vocational college training accounts for 26%; that of vocational schools accounts for 2%; that of primary level or trained for less than 3 months is 54%.
d) Tertiary education:
In addition to the existing member universities, faculties and centers of practice and research of Hue University, Hue Academy of Music, Phu Xuan University, The Facility of Administration Institute in Central Region, and some more universities will be established. In particular, some universities will be upgraded from the colleges and faculties of Hue University.
Striving to meet and surpass some targets under Decision No.37/2013/QD-TTg dated June 26th, 2013 of the Prime Minister on adjusting the network planning of universities and colleges during the period from 2006 to 2020.
4. The list of programs and projects prioritized for investment: (detailed appendix attached).
5. Major measures
a) Strengthening the leadership of the Party, the management of State in implementing the plan.
Organizing the meetings to impart the perspectives, objectives and contents on the development of education and training, creating powerful change in awareness and responsibility in directing and executing, in order to ensure the conditions of human and finance to reach the objectives.
b) Raising awareness of local authorities, relevant agencies and the people.
- Propagandizing extensively the policies on planning education and training of the province for the party committees, governments, educational institutions and the people to implement the planning of education and training effectively and responsibly.
- Strengthening relationships between schools, community and society in contributing to development of the quality of education.
c) Training and upgrading the teaching staff at all levels and ologies.
- Consolidating and building the teaching staff and education managers in the direction of normalization, attracting good people into teaching CareerBuilder; improving the quality of training of pedagogical institutions, overcoming the shortage of highly qualified teachers and professors in colleges and universities.
- Adopting policies to encourage scientific staff, lecturers and teachers who have higher titles and education.
d) Strengthening resources, especially financial resources for education and training:
Mobilizing financial resources and reinforcing schools’ infrastructure, including:
- The budget for education and training (regular and basic construction) and income mobilized from the land fund.
- Capital of targeted programs.
- ODA and from NGOs, foreign investment.
- Socialized capital and other capital sources.
đ) Ensuring land fund for construction of national standard education and training institutes
- Planning to supply land for Education and Training
- Continuing to support land policy for non-public schools.
e) Innovating the management of education
- Innovating management mechanisms, training educational management personnel at all levels, upgrading the competence of education managers; improving the system of education inspectors; constructing and completing the system of educational information management; establishing and implementing the activities of the Council of Education accreditation.
- Promoting the application of information technology in innovating teaching methods and educational management.
- Expanding exchanges and cooperation with domestic and foreign units of Education and Training.
g) Promoting education socialization
- Developing various types of non-public education, especially in urban areas, areas with suitable conditions and mainly at the p-school, high school level and training schools; prioritizing investments to develop the basic education level for disadvantaged areas, ethnic minority areas, and remote areas; building mechanisms and policies for the development of non-public education and training such as support of land, credit for school construction and income tax...
- Expanding the Study Promotion Funds, encouraging individuals and organizations to contribute to education in all of forms.
- Developing mechanisms to mobilize socialization in building school facilities, especially for high-quality schools.
h) Promoting the implementation of schemes of developing universities and colleges, the key programs for education and training.
- Implementing effectively development schemes of Hue University and the other universities, institutes according to the schedule defined in their plan and development strategy.
- Creating favorable conditions and supporting for Hue University, the other universities, and institutes to develop; Prioritizing residence procedures, incentives for land and housing, working environment for highly educated teachers and good scientific staff or young talents.
- Encouraging and creating conditions for the higher education institutes to implement Resolution No.77/NQ-CP dated October 24, 2014 of the Government on the pilot innovation in innovating the operating mechanism for state universities during the period 2014-2017.
i) Promoting joint ventures, International association and Cooperation in Education and Training
- Affiliating to International General Education and Training in the direction of linking with foreign countries for schools in Hue to engage international education; international schools formed to participate in domestic and foreign training.
- Expanding international relations in vocational training.
- Hue University links with foreign universities by forming international training faculty to train higher education for foreign students and Vietnamese students studying on the spot.
- Creating conditions for international investors to invest directly, building international educational institutions in the province.
k) Renewing and improving the quality of education and training
- Developing Education and Training in the in direction of multi-sector, multi-disciplinary, reasonable size associated with the need of raising the quality and tasks of constructing Hue into one of the centers of science and technology in the country.
- Improving the quality of teaching at all levels of education. In particular, the quality of teaching foreign languages and training teachers in pedagogic colleges must be focused on.
- Maintaining and developing primary education universalization at the right age, carrying out the lower secondary education universalization in a sustainable way; conducting the upper secondary universalization.
l) Doing post-secondary ramification well and promoting the vocational education
- Propagandizing to raise awareness of the local authorities and relevant agencies of the important role of vocational education in the cause of industrialization - modernization, improving the quality of human resources, creating jobs, stabilizing their lives and contributing to poverty reduction.
- Promoting the orientation, ramification of students after high school graduation.
- Building financial support policies for poor students and the educational institutions which recruit high school graduates for vocational training.
- Fundalmentally renewing the curriculums for vocational education and secondary vocational education towards upgrading the capacity of self-assessment skills, skills of finding information about careers and the labor market demand for high school students.
Article 2: Organization of plan implementation
1. The Department of Education and Training:
Being in charge of collaborating with the authorities and relevant sectors and agencies to build plans, specific solutions for each year and period to direct and organize the implementation of the objectives, targets and tasks of the plan. Evaluating the implementation of the plan to supplement, adjusting and recommending solutions, comphensive policies in order to ensure good plan implementation, in accordance with local practice; periodically summarizing implementation results and reporting to the provincial People 's Committee.
2. Department of Planning and Investment:
Collaborating with the Department of Education and Training, the Department of Finance to raise and allocate the financial resources to implement the annual action plans and each stage of the Master plan.
3. Department of Finance:
- Collaborating with the Department of Education and Training, Department of Planning and Investment and the local departments to finalize (and submit to the Provincial People's Committee for approval) budget plans for administrative and construction activities, payments and compensations for teachers, educational administrators and students according to current regulations.
- Advising the Provincial People's Committee on carrying out the socialization policy for education and training activities.
4. Department of Internal Affairs:
- Collaborating with the Department of Education and Training to detail on the process and needs for recruitment, advanced training plans for education staff for each stage and submit to the People's Committee’s for approval.
- Collaborating with the Department of Education and Training, People's Committees of districts, towns and Hue city to provide consultancy on the decentralization of education.
5. Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs:
- Collaborating with the loal authorities and relevant agencies to develop plans, specific solutions to direct and implement the objectives, targets and tasks in the development of the training network and the improvement of the quality of vocational education.
- Advising and proposing policies related to the development of vocational education in the province.
6. Department of Health:
Participating in developing mechanisms and policies on general healthcare and healthcare in schools in particular to carry out the development and improvement of the population quality, the improvement of student fitness to achieve studying efficiency and contribute to increase the proportion of students to meet the planning goals.
7. Department of Natural Resources and Environment:
Collaborating with the other Departments, agencies and localities to review and monitor the implementation of land use planning, ensure enough land resources for the development of educational, training, and vocational centers.
8. Department of Construction:
- Reviewing the construction planning for additional adjustments of education and training institutions suited the education planning.
- Collaborating with the Department of Education and Training in the management of basic construction in order to constantly improve the quality of school buildings conforming to the standards.
9. Department of Information and Communications:
Planning the timely and regular dissemination of the education and training activities in the province; directing the news agencies and the local pss to strengthen media activities.
10. People's Committees of districts, towns and Hue City:
- Strengthening the dissemination to raise awareness of the people, especially people in remote and mountainous areas, of the policies of the Party and State for Education and Training; of the role and importance of education and training for poverty eradication, socio -economic development.
- Implementing the local education and training plan, developing land use masterplan and mobilization of resources for investment in infrastructure, school buildings, equipments for education and training; developing the quality of teachers and education managers, improving the quality of education in disadvantaged, remote, coastal, and mountainous areas.
- Coordinating with the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs to improve the system of schools, vocational centers to meet the human resource training to serve the socio-economic development of the locality.
11. Schools and training centers:
Building up their own development plan based on the general plan, ensuring sustainability, quality and schedule in accordance with the planning schedule.
12. The news agencies, the local and central pss:
Planning the timely and regular dissemination of the education and training activities in the province.
13. The Committee of Vietnamese Fatherland Front of the province, the unions, the professional social organizations of the province, on the basis of the approved planning, continue to promote the dissemination and mobilization for organizations, individuals, trade unionists, and members to actively participate in implementing the objectives, targets and tasks for the development of Education and Training of the province.
Article 3. This Decision takes effect after its signing and replaces Decision No. 1109 / QD-Committee June 18, 2015 of the provincial People's Committee on approving the development plan of Thua Thien Hue Education and Training, stage 2015 - 2020 and vision to 2030.
Article 4. Office of the Provincial People's Committees and the directors of the Departments of Education and Training, Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Planning and Investment, Finance, Construction, Internal Affairs, Environment and Natural Resources; Heads of agencies and departments, provincial organizations, universities, academies and training institutions in the province; Chairman of the districts, towns and Hue city are responsible for the implementation of this Decision. /.
ON BEHALF OF THE PROVINCIAL PEOPLE’S COMMITTEE
FOR THE CHAIRMAN
LIST OF PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS INVESTED IN PRIORITY
(Attached to Decision No.1235 / QD-UBND, dated June 29th, 2015,
of the People's Committee of Thua Thien Hue province)
1. Scheme for establishing College of Culture and Art on the basis of School of Culture and Art
2. Scheme for establishing Hue College of Communications on the basis of Hue School of Communications
3. Scheme for establishing University of Industry on the basis of College of Industry
4. Scheme for establishing Academy of Tourism on the basis of Vocational College of Tourism and the Faculty of Tourism of Hue University
5. Scheme for establishing Vocational College No.10 on the basis of Vocational School No.10
6. Scheme for establishing Au Lac College on the basis of Au Lac School
7. Scheme for establishing University of Pharmacy
8. Programme for solidifying schools and houses for teachers
9. Plan for building up national standard schools
10. Scheme for building a learning society, stage 2016-2020.
11. Scheme for reinforcing and developing ethnic boarding schools, boarding schools.
12. Promotion of scheme for establishing Hue Center of Technology